Sunday, November 20, 2011

Santa gifts are well under way...this year we are getting crafty!  We are going with a kitchen theme and so far I'm really pleased with how it's going!
Here is our inspiration picture...
 We have already purchased {second hand} the two bookshelves that we will re purpose into the refrigerator and the sink...plus an adorable shelf that we are going to use as the pantry {we found it at our local antique store and it is already painted the way we like...all we have to do is add some accessories}.  Last night I made the curtain that will go under the sink.


 I also started making a dish mat that will go next to the sink for their washed dishes :)  I bought simple/cheap aprons from the fabric store...I added a sweet little pocket and the next step is to embroider a flower made out of my scrap fabric...I couldn't be happier with how it is coming together!  It proves it doesn't have to cost a fortune to be amazing!


Hubby and I are hoping to tackle the painting and rebuilding next weekend...I will be sure to share pictures as soon as we can!

xo,
mar

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! The aprons are so darn cute! I think you've hit on something with those leaf cutouts...really, really cute. The curtain for the sink is perfect! I'm so excited for the finished product. m

    ReplyDelete
  2. i kinda want an apron for myself!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriously never cease to amaze me! I can.not. wait to see the kitchen you guys will make! SO awesome! And no, incase you were wondering that apron couldn't be any cuter!!

    ReplyDelete